UK: The Tales of Robin Hood

It has been a week since I arrived at Nottingham on last Saturday. It was a really stressful week for me in a new office working on something that I have no idea of what it is about. But anyway, since this is a Saturday, I am not going to think about work and how bad it could be. After all if things really not work out for me over here, I know that I always have an option - quit. I am not going to think about it for now at least. I don't really want to spoil my weekend mood.

So it was a drizzly Saturday morning, I was planning to visit the castle early in the morning but waited till noon for the rain to stop. The castle was located 1km away from where I am staying at the moment. It was a nice walk down the road to the castle, passing by the town center with lots of people around. It was some 15 minutes walk for me to reach at the castle.

Location:

View Larger Map



When people talk about the castle @ Nottingham, the stories will always be related to a hero in English folklore - Robin Hood. Here at Nottingham is the origin of the tales of Robin Hood. The story was about - Robin Hood, who robbed the rich to feed the poor. Whose favorite pastimes were tricking the Sheriff and poaching the King's deer. His adventures have captured the hearts and minds of ordinary people for 800 years. To know more - visit Robin Hood.


The statue of Robin Hood.


The hero who was a highly skilled archer at medieval time.


The entrance to the Castle.


Inside the castle, I was like going through a time tunnel and backed to old time as the people inside was dressing up like old English-men at Medieval time.

A merchant who was selling his hand made wooden sword.




Woman was starting a fire to boil water. This was how they do things during the Medieval time.


The way it was setup was really like bringing me back to the old time - a king was sitting there with his guards around. You may ask for the permission of this boy at the right side in the picture to lead you in to face the king as an emissary.


Merchant selling shields and armors.






Here is the entrance gate to climb up to the hill where the main castle building is located at.


Climbing up the hill.


The lion statue, or was it a lion after all?


The Nottingham Castle.








The main door to go inside the castle. There is an exhibition hall and a museum within the castle. I was just quickly walk through the halls and museum as I am not really interested in their history after all :p




Nottingham town view from top of the castle.




The sky was still cloudy after the drizzle stopped.


It was so windy and after some 30 minutes, the clouds were blown away and the sun came out :). It made my mood a little better when the sun comes out after a gloomy day.


I was thinking to myself that no matter how hard it is gonna be or how painful it is to go through a period of down fall in your life, you will always be bouncing back when you reach the bottom. Just like the sun will always come out after the rain. I have gotta stay on my feet and do the best I can. No matter how painful it is, I know there is always a better day ahead of me. I might be going through the darkest time of my life but I know tomorrow will always be better. I am feeling okay now :).

1 comments:

afternoon tea said...

glad to know that you are still hanging out there! if you endure the worst time of your life, then i guess in the future there should be nothing that is unbearable anymore. Don't chem, keep on floating on the surface !