Planning Stage >> "Not-so-grand" Overland Voyage

Update: Places that I have visited... or going to visit...


















This was my initial plan for a "not-so-grand" overland voyage. I was always thinking of taking a month off from work and do a thousands kilometer travel. And not to miss my point here, an overland journey. What overland that I mean over here is - crossing countries and crossing as well as crossing different provinces within a big country like China for example. My motivation for doing these kind of travel is that I wanna take myself away from work, my routine life, my family and friends. So with the just me alone, I can concentrate on my travel, to learn about other's culture, to see the world, to learn about myself, to do silly things which I don't do in front of those who know me, to learn about other's life, to enjoying walking on my foot, taking public transport, make myself look pityful with old and broken clothing with a broken backpack, to enjoy the air of a different land and a lot a lot more...

Well, basically my plan for early 2010 is to travel starting from Hanoi (Vietnam). On my way, I wanna visit Halong bay, Sapa for it's terrace paddy fields and the Hekou border to walk across the Vietnam - China border, thorugh a bridge connecting both of them (as from what I read from other's travelogue).

So from there onwards, I will travel to Kunming - the Spring city. Some thing special about the city is that it's weather is whole year warm like Spring season. So I am expecting to see some beautiful flowers over here :p. From Kunming, I am planning to travel to Dali - Lijiang for it's famous old city. So this will make you feel like yourself backed to the old time as what you seen in the movie - "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon". The old swordmen time of china, with old chinese style of architectures. Wow, I feel like I am able to fly like those Kung Fu Swordman seen on tv.

After Dali - Lijiang, here I planned to travel to ChongDian (now the called it Shangrila) and make it here my transition city, either to Tibet or Sichuan. So here comes the difficult part in making the decision on which route to take. Hmm... basically Tibet was a sacred city to local tibetans and it is opened to tourists on a certain months in a year. So depending on my luck by then, if no luck with me during that time meaning I will opt for the Sichuan route instead.

So we can visit the famous Lhasa city at Tibet or either the famous Jiu Jai Gou spring and pandas of Sichuan. Well, we will know better when the actual travel happens. I don't know if I can fulfill my dream to execute this plan or not as a lot of unknown issues surrounding it. Be it budget, be it leaves approval, flight availability and a lot more.

Anyway, stay tuned @ http://elamic.blogspot.com for updated news on this plan. Cheers.

0 comments: