Company Trip - Ipoh/Cameron Highland

Destination:

View Larger Map

Yes, this is yet another Cameron trip for me when my last trip to the highland was just like yesterday (May 2008). Thinking back over the years, I have been visiting Cameron highland for many times - like 4/5 times? This is not that I like the place so much but my parents like to take us for a family day and ride to the peak for lunch at the Smoke house and then back home. My parents really like a family trip once in a while, though it was tiring but I guess everyone in the family was enjoying. Father did not have much time to spend with us since we were kids so we really try to enjoy each of the family trips that we had together.

Na~ na~ na~, guess I am getting off topic thou... Okay, lets come back to my company trip. The day before, our gang had a chat to discuss about the trip like where to meet up and stuff like that. We decided to drive early to reach Ipoh right on time for the - said "nice" dim sum. So we started our journey early morning at 6:45 am with empty stomach. Yea, you read my word - EMPTY. Along the highway to Ipoh, there was nothing much but more like palm estates. We arrived at Ipoh around 9:00 am and we headed straight to the dim sum restaurant after exit from the highway.



We arrived at the restaurant around 9:15 am and get a table for 7 of us. I guess everyone of us was really starving and look just like a hungry ghost who has not been eating for ages. We ordered lots of dim sums and filled our table full with food. So we then fill our empty stomach with the hot dim sums. The taste of the dim sum was so~(x-rated word) and not really as good as what we thought it would be.

After breakfast, we headed straight to Ipoh old town for it's famous while coffee. Together, we tried the famous pork balls too (check the photos below).





Some of the photos that I took along the walk at old town area.



It was only 10:45 am after our coffee break, it was still too early for lunch! So we decided to visit the Kek Lok cave near Simpang Pulai. While the others were having a walk around the cave and garder, I was sitting on a long bench taking rest after few hours drive north ward to Ipoh. I was sitting in front of the cave's exit and enjoying the chilling breeze. With water dipping out from the cave top and drop on the water pool built inside the cave, the sound was making me in a state of "zen". I snapped a few photos inside the cave.



Guess where is this place? You will be able to find it if you are paying enough attention on small items in your next visit to Kek Lok cave...



Picture that I thought could portrait a feeling of "zen"... from the way it looks like half black and half white - the tai chi sign!





So after an hour rest there in the cave, we headed back to the town for famous Yong Taufu @ "Big Tree Head" (near Anson's home at Pasir Pinji). Thank you Anson for your GPS device to guide us there else we would have gone to Pasir Panjang :p. We had a quick lunch here as most of us were still full with the morning heavy breakfast.

We drove to Cameron after lunch and blah blah blah ... I don't want to write much about the part we were at Cameron. Let's just check out the photo.



We ended our night with a not-so-tasty steamboat meal and drinking session backed in our apartment. The next morning, we packed up and left Cameron around 9:30 am. With most of us still blur with the alcohol effect, we headed straight to the market somewhere near to Equitorial Hotel (Tringkap maybe). Here we got our car loaded up with lots of veges, fruits and flowers. I do believe that Cameron highland - as the vege provider for west malaysia, is truely a heaven for all the vege lovers. But sad to say that not for our gang - the Carnivors.

I got myself some stuff like strawberries and sweet corns for Elaine. After the morning shopping spree, we rushed down to Bidor town through the winding roads of Cameron. One thing I really hate about this Cameron trip was that there were too many tourist during the weekend. A lot of buses and lorries on the road which made driving down hill so difficult (I can smell my break system was burning). But afterall, the journey downhill was a pretty smooth one after Kg. Raja.

We arrived at Bidor around 12:00pm in the afternoon. We headed straight to the Restaurant which is famous for it's Duck drumstick noodle in herbal soup. I can't really recall the name of that restaurant, guess it is called Bun Chan Restaurant? But anyway, it was not hard to spot though. Just drive slowly along the main street of Bidor town and you will see a corner shop-lot which was painted in yellow and has a lot of fruit stalls in front of it. Let's check the noodle, hehe ...





After our brunch, we left Bidor and drove back to KL with our stomach full with duck noodles. Conclusion, this was more like a food trip than Company/Team Building trip... It was so boring!

0 comments: