UK: Anfield Stadium @ Liverpool

As we drove away from Liverpool city, we were heading to our next destination before Manchester - Anfield Stadium! It is a legendary stadium and well known among all the soccer fans who is used to follow English Premier League. It is the home to one of the most successful English football club - Liverpool Football Club (LFC)!

Anfield stadium was located some 10-15km out of Liverpool city center. I could not remember exactly where it is located at but I do remember that it took us quite sometime to figure out the direction to the stadium after a few checks with some locals. We were told to go north out from the city and after we past a fly over then we need to keep left to spot for road sign board leading to Anfield stadium. We did exactly the same but ended up we round and round and lost in an industrial area. But after some searching around the areas, thank god that we finally found it :).





Out side of the stadium, I took a couple of pictures of the legendary stadium. I remember I was introduce to football by my father when I was 14 years old. We were watching a live broadcast of and FA cup final match between Liverpool and Manchester United. I never had any interested in football before that but high tempo of game play quickly attracted me. I noticed then that the game requires lots of teamwork, personal skills as well as tactics and that bring me to the world of soccer immediately. Although eventually Liverpool lost 1-2 to Man Utd, but since then Liverpool football club always be the one and only soccer team that I am supporting! (Although they haven't won any of the premiership title since 90's =_=")



The club had introduced a lot of world class players to the soccer world such as Ian Rush and Kenny Dalglish in the 80's, Robbie Fowler, Steve Mcmanaman and Michael Owen in the 90's and in the big names like Steven Gerrard and Jamie Charagher now! Although many would say that the club is not as competitive as those like Man. Utd., Chelsea or Arsenal, but so what? This is what we called being Loyal! Yea, I am the Kop's fan!

We did not go for the traditional stadium tour due to time constraint. But we did manage to walk around it's museum and club store before we left :p.



The club store was full of merchandises like printed jerseys, tee shirts as well as soccer kits. As Christmas was drawn close, the store was decorated with christmas theme and the red christmas color match perfectly with the club's home kit color - RED!



All the merchandises inside the store were branded with Liverpool Footbal Club (LFC). Although it was a bit pricey, but I did get myself a tee as well as a bag soccer training kits for my brother (who is also a LFC fan). It was really costly - 32 pounds for the 2 items!





We left the stadium after some shopping and walked towards the parking to get our rented car. I spotted something at the back of the stadium - the giant Carlsberg beer cans! Carlsberg, the world's best known lager beer, is the major sponsor of the LFC for as many years as I know. Yea, you will always see a Carlsberg logo printed at the front of the Liverpool jersey, be it home or away kits :).



We headed backed into our car and drove our way to our next destination - Manchester city, leaving the Anfield Stadium behind to fade away from our back mirror. Yes, I have made my childhood dream comes true! I have been to the Anfield although I was not able to go on the pitch :). It was a real good day!

0 comments: