Sekinchan ~ The Town of Paddy Fields

It was only 5:45 am in the saturday morning, I was crawling out from my bed as my alarm clock starts beeping. I quickly rush to prepare myself as I was to join Mimi and Anson to Sekinchan for a photo shooting trip :). They have planned for this trip 2 weeks ago and invited me and Elaine along as we never really visited the place before. So we departed 6:40am in the morning heading northward towards Kuala Selangor direction.

Sekinchan is a small town located 29 km away from Kuala Selangor. It is one of the major rice producing town in Malaysia. Nearby the town itself, it was covered with hectares of paddy fields which form a very unique landscape best for photo snapping when all the rice fields about to turn brownish ready for harvest.

The beautiful paddy field.

























A closer look at the paddy.
















Snake view?













It was a sunny day with hot & burning sun over us. I am guessing everyone was damped with sweat but their enthusiasms on photography were to be respected.

















Instead of hiding under the shade of a tree, the rest of the gang rushed down to the field for close up portrait shooting. Elaine and I was walking around the area while they were happily posting and shooting over the other side of the field and we found that the other side of the paddy fields were harvested few days before.













I like this picture the most!






















The other side of the town is actually a fishing village built along the river connected to the Malacca strait. So that really defines the uniqueness of this town with hectares of paddy fields at one side while the other side a fishing village.

























This is the first ever time I see a real paddy field and I was really attracted to this unique plantation field. It is only taking 2 hours by car to this town and I believe it could really be a good weekend getaway destination for KL folks like us :).

0 comments: