Ayu's Farewell

I started to notice 2 weeks ago why my team suddenly became so quiet in the office. It was really unusual given that we used to be the noisiest, playful and most happening team in the office. But everything seems to be quite normal. We started a new sprint, we attended sprint planning and had our picnic there and as usual we play pool at 5:30pm. When I was seating at my cubicle, I do feel that something amiss but could not tell what was wrong. Deep withing, I was anticipating for something but was not able to tell what it is. Maybe something that comes in a tone of ~~ Ayam Goreng? But why, am I too hungry so I have a hallucination of fried chicken?

Yet another day, I was sitting on my chair concentrating and busy typing on my keyboard. It was so quiet that morning and apart from my busy boss, everyone seems to be just concentrating on their work. As of the old time, there used to be someone knocking me from the back, pulling my chair trying to distract me from my work. There used to be someone who will start a conversation among the team and give everyone a precious moment to be distracted from the never ending work to relax so not to be so stressed up with the stupid system.

Sigh, is this an early sign of memory loss disease? Or am I really a brain damage like what others used to call me? Hmm... I was thinking to myself. I know something is not usual. I can sense that everyone in the team was upset for something and I can tell from their face that they are missing someone.


Oh yeah, right! Now I know what it is. Someone who used to be the cheer leader in the team, who used to be the kedai koperasi head and who used to be the one with lots of smiles left the team. It was you~lah, Masnizarahayu Rosle - "betrayer"! :p

Yea, it was Ayu's farewell dinner about a month ago. I was not around on her last day in the office as I was on leave enjoying my holidays at Bangkok. I remember that she first joined the company around January 2009 and used to be the first batch together with Kim and I who started to work on BPA. She started off as a GT and eventually got promoted to GTA!

My mind started to playback like a DVD player on those memorable moments we had together in the team, going through up and down with the project and most importantly we really had fun together working as a team. Now that she had left the team too after Kim. I started to feel a bit lonely as they both used to be my best buddies in the office :).


But anyway, here I really wish her good luck and all the best on her new job. Stop Facebook~ing in the office and concentrate on work okay :)! Else I will make boss to call you up and give you another round of "lecture" :p! Thank you mate for all the good moments we shared last year together in the team!

2 comments:

Seri Baiduri Guesthouse said...

thanks.wah terharu. oi, spell my wrong name la haha :P

if i could, i'd like to have the same ppl, the same team of you guys wherever i work ;)

sufang said...

should be Maznizarahayu