UK: Halloween @ London

It was so coincidentally that I was at London on the October 31 - Halloween! Halloween (also spelled Hallowe'en) is an annual holiday celebrated on October 31. It has roots in the Celtic festival of Samhain and the Christian holy day of All Saints, but is today largely a secular celebration.

Halloween activities include trick-or-treating , wearing costumes and attending costume parties, carving jack-o'-lanterns, ghost tours, bonfires, visiting haunted attractions, pranks, telling scary stories, and watching horror films. Restaurants, bars and shops around the city was all decorated in Halloween theme. For example, this is the decorations of an British bar near Bayswater. You will see all the jack-o'-lanterns in every shops!


To be honest, I was not aware that it was Halloween on that day when arrived at London. I was at somewhere near Piccadilly circus after dinner walking around doing some window shopping :). All out of a sudden I heard the people along the street was cheering loud and I turned myself toward the direction to discover these as below...

Halloween PARADE!


Bunch of teenagers were wearing costumes and gather for parade at one of the busiest streets in London - Regent street. Loud music was put on and everyone was dressed up in Halloween costumes of those monsters such as ghosts, skeletons, witches, devils and many more that you can discover in the pictures below :).







I had a fun night out at London downtown that night, seeing many of them dressed up in costumes of monsters and one even wrapped himself up as an Egyptian mummy! It was a very crowded night at Piccadilly areas especially when the parade started which put the traffic in stand still for some moment :). I wish that time can turn back to when I was a kid then I will be joining the kids dressed up in costume and go from house to house, asking "Trick or treat"?
Add Image

0 comments: